Be a part of Milwaukee Children's Choir. We provide children with exceptional choral music instruction and performance experiences that foster creativity, personal expression and social growth. Members range from 1st grade through senior year in high school, and they sing in five levels in Milwaukee and a combined chorus in Hartland.
AUDITION FOR 2017-2018 SEASON
Currently accepting applications for the 2017-2018 season. (Please click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of this page to access the audition application form.)
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an audition appointment.
Audition Requirements and Process
Auditionees must be in grades 1 to 12. The audition process is simple, informal, and takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes, and it does not require advanced preparation. Auditionees will be:
- Heard individually or in small groups of similar age children depending on the audition schedule.
- Asked to sing "Happy Birthday" to assess ability to match pitch. No other prepared piece is necessary.
- Asked to repeat a musical phrase sung to them by a director (like a choral warm up).
- Placed into one of five level choruses based on their age, grade level, availability, skills, and maturity.
Upon acceptance, the auditionee:
- Will receive an email invitation to register for Milwaukee Children's Choir membership. If you've already been accepted, please click here, and follow the instructions.
- Will receive a registration packet which includes the following documents -
- Tuition Agreement Form (contract and fees)
- Choir Information Sheet
- Uniform Information Sheet
- Season Calendar
- Will receive an online Family Participation Form. All parents are required to serve 10 volunteer hours through the course of the choir season. If your family prefers not to volunteer, you may pay a $75 waiver fee.
- Must return the completed Tuition Agreement Form with payment to the MCC office in any of the following ways:
- Mail it to Milwaukee Children's Choir, 427 E. Stewart St. Suite 100, Milwaukee, WI 53207.
- Scan and email it to email@example.com
- If you are emailing the form, please send your check payment via regular mail with your child's name written on the memo line or call the MCC office at (414) 221-7040 to pay by credit card. Paypal is also available as a payment method.